PLEASE NOTE: Before referring a child to Sunshine Foundation you must have permission from the child’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
After we receive the referral, we will mail an application to the child’s parents within two weeks. If the family does not receive the application within two weeks, please call us at 215-396-4770.
Please be sure to complete the box for “Your Name.” Anonymous referrals will not be honored. Thank you very much!
Criteria to Refer a Child:
- The child must between the ages of 3-18.
- The child must be seriously ill, chronically ill, physically challenged or abused.
- The child must be a citizen of the United States
- Sunshine Foundation does not fulfill requests for children or any other family members who have had a previous dream granted by Sunshine Foundation or any other organization. Sunshine Foundation grants ONE DREAM PER FAMILY.
-Sunshine Foundation’s sole purpose is to answer the dreams of chronically ill, seriously ill, physically challenged and abused children whose families cannot fulfill their requests due to the financial strain that the child’s illness may cause. For this reason, household’s with incomes at or above $75,000 a year cannot be considered.
- Sunshine Foundation is unable to consider dreams for children with Deficit Disorders (ADHD, OCD, etc.), mild to moderate developmental delays, or other mild to moderate chronic illnesses and/or diagnoses.
Once You Get Your Application
Please be sure to submit everything listed within the application, including income verification and Sunshine’s medical authorization form. Sunshine Foundation will not process incomplete applications.
If incomplete, Sunshine will keep your application for 6 months after which you will be asked to repeat the referral and application process.