Criteria to Participate in the Sunshine Foundation Dream Programs
In order to receive a dream through Sunshine Foundation, a child must meet
the following requirements:
- Child must be between the ages of 3-18
- Child must be chronically ill, seriously ill, physically challenged or abused
- Household annual income may not exceed $75,000
- The child or any other family member may not have had a dream granted through Sunshine Foundation or any other wish-granting organization. Sunshine Foundation grants
- ONE DREAM PER FAMILY
- Child must be a citizen of the United States
How to Refer a Child
PLEASE NOTE: ANYONE CAN REFER A CHILD.
Before referring a child to Sunshine Foundation you must have permission from the child’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
Criteria to Refer a Child:
- The child must between the ages of 3-18.
- The child must be seriously ill, chronically ill, physically challenged or abused.
- The child must be a citizen of the United States
- Sunshine Foundation does not fulfill requests for children or any other family members who have had a previous dream granted by Sunshine Foundation or any other organization. Sunshine Foundation grants ONE DREAM PER FAMILY.
- Sunshine Foundation’s sole purpose is to answer the dreams of chronically ill, seriously ill, physically challenged and abused children whose families cannot fulfill their requests due to the financial strain that the child’s illness may cause. For this reason, household’s with incomes at or above $75,000 a year cannot be considered.
- Sunshine Foundation is unable to consider dreams for children with Deficit Disorders (ADHD, OCD, etc.), mild to moderate developmental delays, or other mild to moderate chronic illnesses and/or diagnoses.
Once we receive your referral and your request has been approved, we will contact the child’s family with account login information to complete the application online or mail their application directly to them within two weeks. If you have any questions please contact us at 215-396-4770.
Please be sure to complete the box for “Your Name.” Anonymous referrals will not be honored. Thank you very much!